Nashua Union Station, built in 1880 by the Concord Railroad, was located near Temple and East Hollis Streets. Besides being the hub of the six rail lines that entered the city, it also served as a center of life to many residents that commuted into Boston or even worked on the railroad in Nashua. This grand station stood until 1965 when it was demolished, eventually making way for Nashua's first fast-food establishment. During the 1980s trial of commuter service to New Hampshire, the site of Union Station was used for a basic dirt platform to serve local commuters. Today the location is home to the Nashua Diner and towing business.