The Tilton depot was located at Indian Square, which today is the parking lot on Main Street between Prospect and Center Streets. The freight house, restored in 1990, still stands across the river in Northfield, restored and home to a railroad group. Now with the fact that the depot is missing would lead one to believe it has long been demolished, but surprisingly it still exisits! It's currently located down in Boscawen on Queen Street in a stripped down form - basically only the first floor.
The sign on the freight house may say Northfield, but it served the Tilton station from the Northfield side of the river. The downtown area of Tilton is located right on the river's edge along the town line with Northfield, with neighborhoods on either side of the town line. Tilton is a relatively new town in New Hampshire, incorporated in 1869, breaking away from Sanbornton. Because of the close proximity of the population centers of Northfield and Tilton, the two towns share many resources together. As for Northfield having its own train station, it was located in the southern part of town on Shaw Road near the intersection of Lambert Road.